Location: Portland, OR
LEVER Architecture is a mid-sized architecture firm based in Portland, Oregon and Los Angeles, California. We are seeking candidates to contribute to and grow with an award-winning office dedicated to design, research, and impactful projects across many different scales, regions, and typologies. The firm brings international experience and design excellence to a diverse range of building types including institutional, creative office, and multi-family housing, as well as being nationally recognized for technical innovation with mass timber. The best candidates will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for design, good communication skills, and experience with all design phases. This is an excellent opportunity to pursue your design career in a growing, award-winning firm.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect is a plus
- Experience and familiarity with industry standard design software, including Revit, required
- Experience and familiarity with zoning and building codes a plus
- Experience coordinating with engineers and consultants
- Experience producing detailed construction document sets and/or construction administration experience
- Comfortable working independently and as a productive member of a team
- Highly motivated, proactive, and passionate
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with strong graphic and verbal communication skillsInterest in ongoing learning and action to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the profession and community
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Los Angeles, CA or Portland, OR.
- LEVER is a hybrid office structure, with core hours and 1-2 days in the office.
Duties may include:
- Reporting directly to the Associate or Principal in charge, and potentially functioning as a project architect or project manager
- Research and preparation of presentation materials
- Coordination with various engineers and consultants as required for the successful completion of various phases of design
- Responsibility for the management and/or production construction and contract documents
Qualified candidates should submit by email a cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries should have “Architect / Designer Careers Inquiry” + the location (either Portland or Los Angeles) in the subject heading. No phone calls, please.
To protect the health and safety of LEVER employees and clients, LEVER requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exception as a qualification of employment. Candidates who receive an offer of employment must provide proof of vaccination upon hire or submit an exception request prior to their start date.
LEVER Architecture is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive studio. LEVER provides competitive salaries, benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.